Lukas Beeler wrote:
On Jan 22, 2008 2:39 PM, Adam Glauser <adamglauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
accounts are on a V5R2 system, but that has worked well enough for me
since I've been using it for writing articles and I don't want to
accidentally use a feature that isn't available to most people. You can

Are there many people that run something below V5R3? V5R3 is currently
the lowest release supported.

I wasn't aware of that. I'm lucky to be running the most current release most of the time.

Do you really think that the people running unsupported i5/OS versions
are the majority of System i users?

I don't really know, but I've heard others suggest that current release - 2 is a good standard for code to be accessible to most people. I've also heard plenty of harping on this list about people who can't upgrade due to vendor package X costing an arm and a leg to upgrade.