Reza,
I will order this book to learn Brian Kelly's observations about various
web development environments for the System i.

Eric Lehti, Sr. programmer analyst
(918) 879-6036 direct; (918) 292-9142 mobile
Ameristar Fence Products

http://www.mc-store.com/5934.html

Getting Started with PHP for i5/OS
<http://echo.bluehornet.com/ct/2257765:1166816394:m:1:57630367:35EC043AE
0B553D3CA8916777E825F45>
By Brian W.
Kellyhttp://echo.bluehornet.com/ct/2257765:1166816394:m:1:57630367:35EC0
43AE0B553D3CA8916777E825F45
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Book Description:
This book is the first book written for PHP & MySQL for System i, and it
is the last book you need to get you started to learning about
implementing dynamic Web applications with PHP, MySQL, DB2, and RPGIV.
Finally, this Getting Started Guide is here to get you started on a
journey that will end with your gaining the competence to write in the
world's most popular Web language. This guide is packed with the
learning material you need to take your company to the Web with PHP. A
look at the Table of Contents quickly tells you that if you're looking
for it; it's in here!

There are lots of separate PHP books but this is the first that brings
it all together for System i in just over 300 pages. Not only are these
topics covered with powerful examples but the prerequisites are also
presented so that you don't have to go out and buy an HTML book, a CSS
book, or a book on the value of the XHTML standard for long-lasting Web
applications. On top of all that, there are chapters on porting MySQL to
DB2 and direct DB2 access from PHP as well as how to call RPG or CL
programs from PHP.

Because nothing happens in a vacuum, this book also explains how the PHP
family fits in with the other approaches for System i. None of these are
going away-iSeries Access for Web,WebFacing, HATS, and WDHT, EGL, System
Object's JACi400, IceBreak, LANSA and many others. You will get a better
understanding of the whole world of capable tools, which you may very
well need for a successful System i Web development plan. On top of all
the development technology you will learn in this book, we show you how
to download and effectively use a dream development environment that
permits the testing of your scripts on the client PC before deployment
to the production box. No permissions are necessary because it is right
on your own PC.

These powerful tools must be downloaded and installed correctly without
a Go LICPGM interface. This book is written to be the only installation
guide you need for PHP, MySQL as well as PERL (used to fully test the
installation components) for System i. You won't want to put down this
comprehensive guide to installing and learning MySQL, DB2 and RPG access
from PHP scripts now that you've got your hands on it. This book is
designed to get you started on a journey from your System i to the Web
as effectively as possible. Have a great run!!!

Contents:
Part I Introducing the Web & PHP Environment
Chapter 1: Intro to the PHP/Web Environment on System i
Chapter 2: Other Modernization Technologies for System i
Chapter 3: The Three Musketeers: Apache, PHP, and MySQL

Part II Setting Up Client Web Test Environment
Chapter 4: XAMPP is the System i Developers' Dream Package
Chapter 5: Web Tools 101, HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL

Part III Download / Install PHP, MySQL on i5
Chapter 6: Downloading & Installing Zend Core for i5/OS
Chapter 7: Understanding the PHP Runtime Environment
Chapter 8: Downloading and Using MySQL

Part IV Coding PHP: HTML, CSS, XHTML, & MySQL
Chapter 9: HTML - A Prerequisite for PHP
Chapter 10: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) -- Make It Look Nicer
Chapter 11: XHTML - Next Gen HTML- Way It Oughta Be!
Chapter 12: PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
Chapter 13: Introduction to MySQL

Part V Coding PHP: DB2 for i5/OS, & RPG
Chapter 14: PHP Environment: with DB2 for i5/OS
Chapter 15: DB2 for i5/OS -- Accessing Data w/ Direct DB2
Chapter 16: Accessing System i RPG Programs from PHP/Web
Chapter 17: Writing PHP Application-RPG Logic & DB Access
Chapter 18: Open Source PHP Content Management (CMS)
Chapter 19: Installing and Setting Up Joomla for i5/OS
Appendix A Zend Studio for i5/OS