Marty, could you please tell me the jobs running in QHTTPSVR when you are
able to get in? Thanks.

Michael Kirkpatrick
Western Dental Services, Inc.
Information Systems / System i Development
(
Phone:
(714) 571.3582
(
Toll free:
(800) 471.4444
7
Fax:
(714) 480.3001
*
Email:
mkirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
8
Web:
http://www.westerndental.com/

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/10/2008 12:59:53 PM:

I hate to give an answer like this, but please try again later.

After reading your email, I decided to try mine. I have been using DCM
lately but not the HTTP server part. When I tried to get into the HTTP
link, I got an internal server error, same as you.

I looked through the logs but did not see the errors you had, just a few
messages about adding various members to various files.

After that, I went into the DCM part and it was still working. Then I
tried the URL advisor and got a 403-Forbidden. Then I went back to the
HTTP link, but this time I got a 404 instead of the internal server
error.

On the theory (?) that maybe it needed to create a bunch of things on
first use, JSP compiles, etc. I tried again a couple minutes later and
the Web Admin page appeared.

Good luck.
-Marty

date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:45:05 -0800
from: MKirkpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: HTTP server ADMIN error

V5R4M0.
I have started the ADMIN instance in HTTP. I have 4 ADMIN jobs and 3
APACHEDFT jobs via WRKACTJOB. I connect via the browser to:
http://xx.x.x.xxx:2001/

The i5/OS Task menu is presented. I select IBM Web Administration for
i5/OS and get the following: Internal Server Error

I look at the joblog for one of the ADMIN jobs and see the following:
HTP8047 Error occurred converting data. Reason 5. This talks about
data conversion.

The qibm\UserData\HTTPA\admin\logslwi-plugin.log has the following:
[Thu Jan 10 11:37:26 2008] 087096/QTMHHTTP/ADMIN 00000000 00000060 -
ERROR: ws_common: websphereGetStream: Failed to connect to app server on
host 'localhost', OS err=3425 [Thu Jan 10 11:37:26 2008]
087096/QTMHHTTP/ADMIN 00000000 00000060 -
ERROR: ws_common: websphereExecute: Failed to create the stream [Thu Jan
10 11:37:26 2008] 087096/QTMHHTTP/ADMIN 00000000 00000060 -
ERROR: ws_common: websphereHandleRequest: Failed to execute the
transaction to 'LWI Admin 2'on host 'localhost'; will try another one
[Thu Jan 10 11:37:26 2008] 087096/QTMHHTTP/ADMIN 00000000 00000060 -
ERROR: ws_common: websphereWriteRequestReadResponse: Failed to find an
app server to handle this request [Thu Jan 10 11:37:26 2008]
087096/QTMHHTTP/ADMIN 00000000 00000060 -
ERROR: ESI: getResponse: failed to get response: rc = 2 [Thu Jan 10
11:37:26 2008] 087096/QTMHHTTP/ADMIN 00000000 00000060 -
ERROR: ws_common: websphereHandleRequest: Failed to handle request

Could anyone point me in the right direction to resolve this error. I
am on the lastest CUM and all PTFs (as of last night).
Thanks.
list