From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of TAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 6:56 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: data structure input parameter for SPROC

I asked this question on the Java-L list but realized it is really an SQL
question.

I have an RPG program that needs to be wrapped with an external SQL stored
procedure. The RPG program takes a data structure as an input parameter.
The SPROC will be called from a Java application.
Are there any considerations for a data structure as an input parameter for
an SQL stored procedure? If the data structure is treated as one long
string then I have concerns on string termination characters and numeric
fields in the data structure. I assume that I would need to pad all the
strings and numeric fields.

I'd be interested to find out if anyone has done this before.

Thanks,