From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lukas Beeler
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 7:52 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Happy i5/OS 2008?

On 1/1/08, Glenn Gundermann <ggundermann@xxxxxx> wrote:
I might have missed it in all the conversations but is IBM planning on
converting all the "AS/400" and "iSeries" strings to "System i"?

I have a QPSRVDMP spooled file with the following on line 1:
5722SS1 V5R4M0 060210 AS/400 DUMP

There are a LOT more places where there's a reference to AS/400 and
iSeries. It just shows that not even IBMs internal people took the
name change serious-.

In my employeers software package, it took quite some time till i had
everyone persuaded to upgrade the branding - of course, now we have
several funny strings such as "System i OS" instead of i5/OS.

Again, if you get a 150 page branding guide, no one is willing to read
it and just call it what they want. This isn't good and should be
fixed, but it all ain't that easy.