Michael,

Being one of the vendors in this space, I'm definitely biased towards
IntelliChief, our document management/imaging solution. I would like,
however, to advise you on thinking about the following as you go out
searching for a replacement:

- think about the processes that make use of the solution today. What
are they like? How many people are 'touching' the documents?
- do you need integration with your iSeries ERP or line of business
application? What would you like this integration to be? Some solutions
allow users to have specific function keys embedded within the ERP's
screen while others use different methods to capture user's actions
- how do you search for documents today? can you do full-text search? do
you need it to?
- do you want to be able to retrieve documents and reprint/email/fax
them?
- do you need to have a 'workflow' process in place (for handling
approval of invoices, pos, etc.)?

Just some food for thought.

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel Kuperman
Quadrant Software, Inc.
www.quadrantsoftware.com
508-594-2700

--------------------------------------
date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:42:45 -0500
from: "Michael Rosinger" <mrosinger@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: suggestions for iSeries replacement of DocStar imaging
software?

List,

We are looking at replacing a software package named DocStar with an
iSeries
replacement. The software allows for scanning of documents into a
"database"
for archival and later retrieval. It allows you to supply multiple
keywords
for each document so that searches for related documents are quick and
easy
for later lookup with optional reprint. This is a WinDoze-based server
<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200712/msg00367.html#>
product that also has a client software that is installed on each PC
workstation
<http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200712/msg00367.html#> along
with an attached scanner for each user.

Can any of you suggest a comparable iSeries product (or iSeries-friendly

product) that we could consider as a replacement for DocStar?

Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated! TIA.