From: Aaron Bartell

I said deeplinking, not bookmarking.

Read my second post, Aaron.

Here's a case where you found use for deeplinking (btw, your demos are
down):

http://demo.plutabrothers.com/PSC400Web/servlet/Psc400Servlet?PSC_EXITURL=
ht
tp://www.plutabrothers.com/PBDWeb/pscdmotr.html#&PSC_CLIENTID=PSCDMOTR

Thanks for proving my point Part I.

I pass parameters to START the application, Aaron. This initialization
request would go to a front end servlet that is probably not written in EGL
anyway. This doesn't prove anything, Aaron.

P.S. Thanks for the heads up on the demo. The key had expired.

No, I'm not going to publish an app for you to test on! Gz, Aaron!
Write your own and let us know the problem!

Thanks for proving my point Part II.

What does this statement mean? Aaron, I'm going to stop responding to your
posts if you don't grow up real fast.

I never said they were show stoppers. Just saying that EGL isn't going to
address those things for you out of the box. You WILL be coding Java.

And I just said I don't need any of those things for a business application.
If I do need a utility function, I'll write it, but it won't be for every
page of the application, which is what you make it sound like.

Yes, you may need to write code for special functions. But for the vast
majority of the pages of an application, the hundreds or even thousands of
pages that make up a modern enterprise application, EGL will work fine.

Maybe I am the only one out there that does web programming this way. Can
anybody else speak to whether I am completely off base or not? Joe
doesn't think deeplinks are important, I disagree.

I think deeplinks have a very limited use that can be gotten around in a way
that has nothing to do with JSF. Again, it's just a single front-end
function that has nothing to do with EGL as a language.

You are unable to differentiate between application design and technical
idiosyncrasies. It's really tough to watch. And I think I really am at the
end of my rope of trying to explain the differences.

Joe