Doug,

There was no argument here - how did you read that?

As for your "whatever they call it" attitude, this is not trivial. We are
fast losing our identity as a community, and it is being fractured more and
more. The AS/400 is being replaced by Windows, etc.. and is also being
replaced by the occasional System i. iSeries is also a shrinking market.
Yet, people love to live in that past, because they simply cannot be
bothered to change their terminology. What a sad day for our community.

I agree with your futility statement. The argument is futile while our
community chooses to call the server something that it is not. Until we ALL
agree on what we have here, and stop calling it a name from the past, we
have no future. NO ONE will choose an AS/400 over Windows, no one will
choose an iSeries over Windows, but they MAY choose a System i. We MUST stop
calling it an OLD name, or we shall be painted with the OLD brush. Until we
stop painting with the OLD brush, we have NO future. Futility leads to
extinction, and while we live in our past, we head faster towards
extinction.

If you are not scared yet, you should be. Stop calling it an AS/400, or we
will have no System i.

NOW you have your argument. Not petty, but apparently futile. And this time,
you started it.

Trevor