From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patrick Botz
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 8:55 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: DB2UDB hack

They would have the rights of whatever userID under which the PASE
application being attacked is running. If this profile had *ALLOBJ
security, they could do anything they wanted on the entire system, not
just in the PASE environment (PASE was designed to allow calls to native

i5/OS stuff). But even just using standard Unix file system commands
(e.g. ls, cat, cp, rm, etc...), they could manipulate most of the data
on
the machine.