Roger,

Besides monitoring CPFs in your SAVE CLs, you could output
to *OUTFILE in your SAVXXX cmd and query the file at your
leisure. There is a field called SROSTA that gives you the
status (0-Not saved, 1-saved) of the processed objects, as
well as the MSG (SROMSG) code.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

--- midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
------------------------------

message: 3
date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:10:39 -0500
from: "Mackie, Roger L. (Precision Press)"
<RLMackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Damaged objects after hard fall

Thank you to everyone who helped on this. After this
weekend, the full
system save looks like the best way to detect the damage
ahead of time.

The possibility of save file trick convinced me I could
do the work from
home. But I couldn't get my CL program to work, so I just
went ahead and
did the RCLSTG while I had a maintenance window. After
the damage was
fixed and the IPL completed, I corrected the CL and tried
to run it
again, but I couldn't find the right message to monitor
for in the
Infocenter SAVOBJ and QSRSAVO API documentation. I didn't
think to look
in the message below until this morning (not
surprisingly, using CPF0000
gave me lots of false positives). Now I see what the API
documentation
meant by "All CPF37xx messages could be signalled. xx is
from 01 to FF."
Yet another thing I learned over the weekend.

If it happens again before our administrator gets back
from leave, maybe
I'll try the save file CL again. But if we have the tape
jukebox we're
looking at buying I'll do the full system save.

Thanks again,
Roger Mackie

Luis Rodriguez

IBM Certified Systems Expert