I don't know about email, but AJS can interoperate with paging systems.
Our AJS talks to Messenger Plus to send notifications to cell phones,
pagers, etc.

Here is help on AJS "Pager Recipient Abnormal" V5R2:

Pager Recipient Abnormal - Help

Specifies the pager recipient who is to receive abnormal completion
messages for the job that you are adding or changing. This field is
used in conjunction with the specified paging package commands.

Note: A paging product must be installed before this feature may be
used.

The possible values are:

*JOBCTL
You are using the pager recipient specified in the job controls.

*NONE
No pager recipient is assigned to receive messages when this job
completes abnormally.

recipient-name
Specify the name of a recipient who is to receive messages from the
job when it completes abnormally.

Bottom

The AJS job defaults sets up pager groups for notifications. Here is
ours for BRMS integration:

Display Job Defaults

Job default . . . . . . . . . . . . : BRMS

Application . . . . . . . . . . . . : BRMS
Schedule code . . . . . . . . . . . : *DAILY
Calendar . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *NONE
Holiday calendar . . . . . . . . . . : *NONE
Fiscal calendar . . . . . . . . . . : *NONE
Remote location name . . . . . . . . : *LCL
Pager recipient normal . . . . . . . : ITSCHED2
Pager message . . . . . . . . . . . : Backup Complete
Page recipient abnormal . . . . . . : ITSCHED
Pager message . . . . . . . . . . . : *COMP
Use job default commands . . . . . . : *NONE

We followed Messenger Plus' documentation for integrating their package
with AJS.

In V5R4, this changed somewhat, here is the help for "Notivication
Recipient Abnormal" (The parameter changed.)

Notification Recipient Abnormal - Help

Specifies the notification recipient who is to receive abnormal
completion messages for the job that you are adding or changing.
This field is used in conjunction with the notification command.

Note: SMTP information must be specified before this feature
may be used with the Send Distribution using JS (SNDDSTJS)
command.

The possible values are:

*JOBCTL
You are using the notification recipient specified in the job
controls.

*ONCALL
Only recipients that are on-call will receive the message.

*NONE
No notification recipient is assigned to receive messages when
this job completes abnormally.

recipient-name
Specify the name of a recipient who is to receive messages from
the job when it completes abnormally.

Bottom

The help for SNDDSTJS requires Navigator to configure its components
(recipients, escalation lists).

HTH,
Loyd

Loyd Goodbar