From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John.BresinaJr
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:43 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Load Source Migration

We are using Raid5. We are not going to do a Save/Restore, or
Unload/Reload. We are adding the new drives to the system in ASP1 creating
new raid sets. We are then going to remove the older drives from service
allowing the data to migrate to the new drives. The real question I had was
about the load source migration since I have never done one before. I just
want to know about how long the process takes to migrate the system load
source from an 8g disk to a 70g disk.

John Bresina | Sr Server Engineer | Target Technology Services - iSeries|
¤Target | 33 S. 6th St, CC-1175 | Minneapolis, MN 55402 | 612 304 3665
(ph) |