I am really not concerned about the other drives I am replacing. I am only concerned with how long the load source migration will take. I have never performed one before so just don't know how long they can take.

John Bresina | Sr Server Engineer | Target Technology Services - iSeries| ¤Target | 33 S. 6th St, CC-1175 | Minneapolis, MN 55402 | 612 304 3665 (ph) |

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:50 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Load Source Migration

1 - 48 hours is a good guess-a-mint. First off how many drives are you
replacing? What is your DASD controller? Can you add the new drives to
the system prior to removal of the old drives? To add the drives and
build your raid set, do not add to ASP at this time. Next in restricted
state, full backup to cover your butt, then do the load source
migration. Now add the new drives to your ASP. (load source should
have been added by the migration.) Now there is a command to remove the
old 8 GB drives from service. This will move all the data off the old
drives except a very small amount. This step can be done during
production thus reducing your down time. Next you need to be in
restricted state to remove the old drives. This is very quick since the
previous step moved the majority of the data.

Once the system is back up, you can monitor your DASD using with the
TRCASPBAL for a day, best during working hours. Then at night,
STRASPBAL.

Now if you cannot add the new drives until you remove the old drives,
well you have a whole different process to follow. But time all depends
on CPW, MEMORY, DISK controllers, and number of drives.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.