Try this link for searching the announcement letters:
http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/OIX.wss?buttonpressed=NAV002PT090
There is a 'search profile' to set preferences on that page. At that search page, specify announcement letter, with dates between 2007-04-01 and today, with search tokens against contents: USER LICENSING
The original announcement was in April-2007. Later announcements changed user entitlement licensing from the earliest announcement. The changed letters still have the original announcement date, with a note of 'revision' or 'corrected' [in the overview I believe]. All I found was the change to state /concurrent/ users.
I can not find anywhere in a USA announcement letter, where I expected to find mention of, although the draft Redbooks document REDP-5052 does have a note in the section about "i5/OS user entitlement details", about the maximum 40 user limit being removed such that there is an /unlimited/ user entitlement feature for the i515 5722-SSC -- in some geographies. There are words there about how to count the number of concurrent entitled users [people within the enterprise] and concurrent external entitled users.
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/REDP5052.html?Open

Regards, Chuck