Jim,

Just making a (very) wild guess, I wonder if it couldn't be
an "environment" issue. Something in the line of , for
example, using a comma as a decimal point and COBOL
expecting a period.

I would check the differences between the STRSQL
environment and the Create COBOL stmt.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

--- midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

------------------------------

message: 8
date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:10:44 -0600
from: "Jim Essinger" <dilbernator@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: SQL Statement failing in COBOL program

Brian,

Thanks for the idea. It would be best to avoid the
decimal conversion. I
have implemented your suggestion. It did not fix the
problem with the
embedded statement, but is a good suggestion.

Jim

On 8/17/07, Brian Johnson <brian.johnson.mn@xxxxxxxxx>