Birgitta,

Thanks for the suggestion. I used iNav to generate SQL for all files
involved, ran the statements to create an SQL version in a different library
with different names, but same fields. Then I did a copy file command
(CPYF) with the *add option, nothing else special. All records from all
three files copied from the DDS created file to the SQL described file with
no errors and no warnings.

Any other ideas?
Is it time to call IBM for support?

Jim