Just in case it helps anyone. I created a simple FTP program for getting iPTF's from IBM.
It FTP's(assuming your system can access the FTP site) the files adds the files to an image catalog, and loads the catalog.
I stopped there, but I have included the source if you are so inclined to modify.

Look for GETiPTF from:
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jbmmdietz/iseries.html

Bryan