This is the same approach to "modernization" that Microsoft were taking on
the Midrange Modernization Tour in 2005. The same MAP (Midrange Alliance
Program) is available today: http://www.microsoft.com/midrange

There were enough of us iBigots to welcome .NET to our platform for
modernization with i as the DB and the core apps, that the 'migration' pitch
did not stick. Migration pitches are loud, and they appeal to
Windows-leaning DP managers. CIOs who are actually C-level executives (and
don't report to a CFO) tend not to believe a migration away from the i
platform is sensible, cost effective or has any ROI.

This push tends to re-appear on a cyclical basis, and Fujitsu and Microsoft
are certainly out to get us. Of course, we should advertise our own
modernization strategy - move from 400 to i5/OS, and upgrade for free!