Reger, Bill wrote:

I am admittedly less than experienced with check printing. It appears that
a Check print file I have inherited is not printing the MICR code properly.
We had an IPDS Trace looked at and have done some other research and I think
I've determined we need to download some *FNTRSC (font resource) objects
that are not normally on the iSeries. Am I on the right track? Where might
i get these animals from?

Bill:

If you can recover them from the old/previous system, that's probably the best thing to do.

Fonts can be bought from IBM or 3rd-parties. At least one MICR font can be downloaded from IBM at:

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/printers/products/fonts/micr

A general discussion of uploading the sample font from the IBM FTP site is at:

http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?14@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@.6aea62c1/0

The font is created for a specific printer, but other printers might support it. Install the font and create the font resource for AFPDS.

Some info from IBM is at:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/printer/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.printers.afpproducts/com.ibm.printers.guidetooutput/c5pu3mst53.htm

One source of 3rd-party MICR fonts is:

http://www.idautomation.com/kb/metacode.html