Bob,

Below is a packet rule I used to black all traffic from a specific IP
address within our network that was causing trouble, let's say
10.10.10.10. That rule worked on V5R3 and I don't know if there have
been syntax changes between releases. This was used with a single TCP/IP
interface on an ethernet line named ETHLIN.

In case the formatting gets all messed up, the filter text below is
supposed to chow three lines, each beginning with "FILTER".

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK and like Richard said, keep a console handy and
the command to deactivate the rules! This stuff can really knock you
dead in the water (found that out the hard way). The second line is very
important because you want to permit other traffic and if you don't,
everything will be blocked!

-Marty

===== start of filter text

FILTER SET x ACTION = DENY DIRECTION = INBOUND SRCADDR =
10.10.10.10 DSTADDR = * PROTOCOL = * DSTPORT = * SRCPORT = *
JRN = OFF

FILTER SET ALL ACTION = PERMIT DIRECTION = * SRCADDR = * DSTADDR
= * PROTOCOL = * DSTPORT = * SRCPORT = * JRN = OFF

FILTER_INTERFACE LINE = ETHLIN SET = x, ALL

===== end of filter text