Your HBB incident points out the need for a good scheduling program and well documented operations run sheets. Since we're publicly traded, the auditors are all over us about such things. Fortunately, our biggest faux pas have been making sure all changes (to both data and procedures) are well documented.

Having step-by-step "monkey instructions" for the operators may seem like overkill, but it means that anyone knowledgeable about the computer, and able to follow instructions, should be able to muddle through!

Of course, there are always those 'around the edges' things that can cause fun!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We recently had a HIT BY BUS incident.
I am the only person who has done the end fiscal month year
physical updates for the company for the last 3 years & the
porcess gets changed every few months (new reports added,
some reports dropped, change some business rules) then I got
called for JURY DUTY. I told everyone, I suggested who would
be best qualified to learn my critical duties. From top
management on down, they decreed no one had time to take on
any additional duties, we would just have to hope for the
best.