Once in awhile a raging debate appears about cross library logicals. Some
people go to great lengths to discourage them to make restores easier.
Others (like me) say not to worry because you can rerun the RSTLIB with
OPTION(*NEW) and it will get the cross library logicals that didn't get
restored the first time because the physicals weren't there. (Also takes
care of physicals whose journal receiver wasn't restored yet, and a host
of other potential errors.)

Having to restore a system from scratch twice this weekend I can help you
with a time estimate. This is on one lpar of a 520-7453. Eight disk
drives and a 3573-L2U LTO3 tape drive with a LTO3 tape cartridge. No
selective omits or anything specified on the RSTLIB.
Initial RSTLIB with OPTION(*ALL): 2619 libraries restored; 12 partially
restored; 0 not restored. 9 hours 47 minutes.
Second RSTLIB with OPTION(*NEW): 2631 libraries restored at 07/02/07
07:56:50. A mere 47 minutes.

And folks, lest you think I am the only fool who does cross library
logicals, etc., look at this small sampling from the joblog (keeping in
mind that these were only the OPTION(*NEW) objects):
8 objects restored from QSYS2 to QSYS2.
1 objects restored from QGPL to QGPL.
1 objects restored from QUSRSYS to QUSRSYS.
1 objects restored from #CGULIB to #CGULIB.
1 objects restored from #DFULIB to #DFULIB.
1 objects restored from #DSULIB to #DSULIB.
1 objects restored from #IDDUMSC to #IDDUMSC.
1 objects restored from #IDDUTPF to #IDDUTPF.
1 objects restored from #LIBRARY to #LIBRARY.
1 objects restored from #MXJRN to #MXJRN.
1 objects restored from #MXJRN@R to #MXJRN@R.
1 objects restored from #RPGLIB to #RPGLIB.
1 objects restored from #SDALIB to #SDALIB.
1 objects restored from #SEULIB to #SEULIB.
dozens upon dozens of screen fulls of canned package and our libraries.
dozens of screen files of more Q* libraries.

This was a restore of one lpar on to another lpar as a backup (long
story). PRTDSKINF from the source lpar:
% of Size in
Description Disk 1,000,000 bytes
User libraries 40.46 285515.18
User directories 23.27 164210.93
Folders and documents .00 16.62
QSYS .79 5598.10
Other IBM libraries 2.79 19711.81
Licensed Internal Code .66 4688.92
Temporary space 1.81 12766.69
Unused space 29.81 210325.54
System internal objects .51 3568.95
Objects not in a library .00 .27
TOTAL 100.10 706403.01

Oh, and have a nice 07/07/07 this week. Once again, we can all agree on
how to format a date for one day.