Disregard my question which, as expected, turned out to be a stupid
question. The stupid reason why I was having trouble was that I am trying
to create a directory via QNTC to a server that has a name beginning with a
"Q". Grrrrrr.

From the MKDIR help text:

"Note: Do not use a name that begins with the character Q. The system
assumes that libraries or directories with those names are system libraries
or directories."

Did I say Grrrrr?

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Reger, Bill
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 1:09 PM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: How to create a Directory in the QNTC file system?

Stupid question of the day I suppose, but how can I create a directory
within the QNTC file system from the iSeries?

MKDIR (and all it's aliases) do not allow me to do this. I always get a
CPFA0A2 "Information passed to this operation was not valid" message. Of
all the possible cuases listed in the 2nd level text, this is the only one
that seems to apply: "The function requested is not supported by the file
system."

Bill