I go into WRKUSRJOB F10 SBS QSYSWRK then scroll to very bottom and kill all the Q1 jobs. They get restarted the next time we have a GO POWER restart.

I think Windows SAVE options are GREAT. The problem is in the RESTORE.
On multiple occasions I have given up on trying to recover some Windows based application from the alleged backup ... I have to reinstall the ******* application, by which time it is at a new version, which means incompatibility with the format of the backup ... what's needed at that point is a recovery process that recognizes both that there are version upgrades and that there is a need for backup restore that works.

I have on occasion needed to do a RESTORE/400.
It is a pain in the neck only because I only have to do it every few years.
In other words, every time I have to do a restore from backup, it is several years since the last time I did it. Stuff falls out of my brain with respect to particulars of doing it right. I need a backup restore from my brain from the last time I did a basckup restore/400.

We're currently reviewing our backup strategy.
What I would be interested to hear is how other shops handle the QUSRSYS
library.

- Do you back it up as part of your nightly saves?
- If not, how often do you back it up?
- How do you back it up?
(e.g. SAVE21 only, SWA, or shutting down everything holding locks
within it, then SAVLIB)?

Somewhat related: Job Q1PSCH (PM/400 scheduler) is holding a lock
within QUSRSYS. Is there an easy way to stop/start this job for backup
purposes?

Thanks,
Moe