Here's a chance for us to put up or shut up after all the complaining we've
done about IBM marketing.

Here, read about the powerful influence of a name, just a name!:

http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/1998/09/beato.html?welcome=true

According to the article, America spends $25 million dollars for just pure
naming services. I think that is a awfully understated idea of how much
importance the influence of a name in a market.

He told of name-consultant firms like like NameLabs, Namestormers, ABC
Namebanks, and the one he seemed to go to, Master-McNeil. That last one gave
their name to the "Mac Color Classic". Maybe iPod was another product of naming
service genius, I think so.

Now there's a vague suggestive echo between the iPod and the "i". We have the
"big" i, they got the little one. People have an iPod, we work on an "i", or an
"i5". Remember the "high five"?

--Alan