From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 3:45 PM
To: Midrange-L
Subject: Odd Messages since V5R4 Upgrade

I installed V5R4 (over V5R3) about ten [10] days ago on our production
system (520). Since then I notice messages (see below) when I check
QSYSOPR messages each morning.

The QLCLDIAL01 line is configured on the system; the others are not. At

least not as far as I can tell.

I tried pinging the IP addresses shown; all timed out.

I'm just a little confused what all of this means. I want to believe
that it has something to do with Service Agent, but that is a belief,
not a known fact. I'm not much on hardware so any leads anyone can give

me to help clarify the mystery would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Interface 12.65.24.21 is active.
Interface 198.74.64.44 is active.
Interface 198.74.68.72 is active.
Interface 198.74.68.72 is inactive.
Interface 12.65.24.21 is inactive.
Interface 198.74.64.44 is inactive.

Message . . . . : Interface 12.65.24.21 is active.

Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP interface 12.65.24.21 is active on line
QLCLDIAL01.
Recovery . . . : There is no recovery action required.

Message . . . . : Interface 12.65.24.21 is inactive.

Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP interface 12.65.24.21 is inactive on line
QLCLDIAL01.
Recovery . . . : There is no recovery action required.

Message . . . . : Interface 198.74.64.44 is active.

Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP interface 198.74.64.44 is active on line
L22C457CBB.
Recovery . . . : There is no recovery action required.

Message . . . . : Interface 198.74.64.44 is inactive.

Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP interface 198.74.64.44 is inactive on
line
L22C457CBB.
Recovery . . . : There is no recovery action required.

Message . . . . : Interface 198.74.68.72 is active.

Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP interface 198.74.68.72 is active on line
L203A61DF0.
Recovery . . . : There is no recovery action required.

Message . . . . : Interface 198.74.68.72 is inactive.

Cause . . . . . : The TCP/IP interface 198.74.68.72 is inactive on
line
L203A61DF0.
Recovery . . . : There is no recovery action required.