Chad,

Coworker of mine got Vista Premium with his new Dell PC. It looks nice but
security is just pain the neck. And he regrets getting Premium instead of
one of the higher level editions.
Anyway, he had trouble getting to IFS on our systems and in the end ask me
for help. It took a while but this is the email I sent him:

=========================

I figured out the issue with vista & ifs. It has to do with comm protocol
authentication handshake settings. Usually you'd alter these with
Secpol.msc program (Security Policy Management applet), but that is not
available on Premium edition.

So instead, you'll have to go and hack the registry for Vista Premium
edition:

1. Run the registry editor and open this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

2. If it doesn't already exist, create a DWORD value named

LmCompatibilityLevel

3. Set the value to 1

4. Reboot

Everything's been working for him since.
Hope that helps you or others in similar situation.

Elvis

Celebrating 10-Years of SQL Performance Excellence
http://centerfieldtechnology.com/training.asp