"CRPence" <crp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mailman.6365.1179765973.13580.midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If a temporary sorted copy of the data is acceptabl, perhaps:
crtpf qtemp/jobparmx srcfile(srclib/ddssrcf) srcmbr(jobparms)
mbr(tempdata) size( ) ...
/* clrpfm qtemp/jobparmx mbr(tempdata) -- implicit in fmtdta.? */
FMTDTA INFILE((MNR/JOBPARMS DMS200_100) (MNR/JOBPARMS DMS200_ALL))
OUTFILE(QTEMP/JOBPARMX) SRCFILE(srclib/ddssrcf) SRCMBR(JOBPARMF)
ovrdbf PARMS TOFILE(QTEMP/JOBPARMX) MBR(tempdata)
call pgm(dms200)

Chuck,

In most cases, sorting of the individual member records is not necessary but
the order of the concatenated members could possibly be important. I suppose
FMTDTA could work. Is there an option where I could simply concatenate 2 or
more physical file members in the order I specify?

Is FMTDTA *the* way to concatenate or merge files on the iSeries?