From: PaulMmn <PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Bob David <bob_wkot@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 8:42:58 AM
Subject: Re: QSPL library useing 15% of the disk space...

Bob--

DON'T DELETE ANY OF THESE!

The QSPL subsystem administers these files, and you don't want to
confuse the poor thing!

Have you recently created/printed/deleted huge numbers of spooled
files? If so, these spooled files may have lots of members. There's
a system value that tells the system how long to keep these spooled
file members around.

While a file member doesn't take a lot of space, lots of members can add up.

There's a system value that controls how long extra spooled file
members stick around. I'd recommend setting it to about 35 days--
this is long enough to handle your typical monthly load, including
any peaks around month end. Don't shrink it too low- we did, and
had object lock problems with multiple jobs trying to allocate
members for new spooled files. We bumped the limit to the 35 day
range, and (knock on wood) the problem has gone away.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx