I would like to suggest the IBM's prerequisite site:
http://www-912.ibm.com/e_dir/eserverprereq.nsf

As long as you know the feature numbers of the 515 or 525, it will tell
you minimum OS including spin release and cume level. For example, I put
in a model 570, machine type 9406, feature 0935 (4 way) and if you click
on it you will see minimum OS is V5R3 spin H...

HTH,

Jim Carlin
Strategic Computer Solutions, Inc.
Systems Engineer
Office: 508-285-4872
Fax: 508-286-9393
E-mail: jcarlin@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Crump, Mike" <Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/04/2007 01:11 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Minimum V5R4 Level to Support 515 and 525

Kirk,

I don't know for an absolute fact but the 515 and 525 are not new
hardware platforms in themselves. They are just respins of a 520. You
might have an IOP that has different requirements.

Not knowing the nature of your save/restore problem I can only
speculate. But again, the 515 and 525 themselves are not new hardware
products.

The PTF for user based pricing could be an issue.

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN 47302
765.741.7696
765.741.7012 f

It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just
bombed.
This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Saint-Gobain. If it did, it would be
folded, mutilated, watered down, politically corrected, and would show
up a week later if at all. If you are not the intended recipient of
this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them,
nor must you copy or show them to anyone.
error.