From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:27 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: MYSQL on AS/400....

I heard (but have no independent confirmation) that IBM actually got
Oracle to run on an iSeries several years ago. It just didn't cut the
mustard from a cost and performance basis, though. At least, that's
what I heard. Urban legend?

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Holden Tommy wrote:
Ok so what is actually "gained" by removing the database product?
Nothing! And MySQL will run on i5/OS..haven't tried but I'm guessing
you could slap other databases on the i5 and use them as well...so again
I have to ask...what is gained???

Thanks,
Tommy Holden