Hi Darrell

As the original post asked for the equivalent, here you go. In SQL a view gives you the subset of fields. An index gives you the key. So you would use a select over the view with an order by that corresponds to an index key.

Now you cannot have both view and index combined in one object in SQL - that is where non-SQL logicals have an advantage when using F-specs and native RPG op-codes. You CAN use a view in RPG, as well as an index, but you get one or the other, as has been said already, I think.

HTH
Vern