From: Alan.Campin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 9:42 PM
Subject: RE: IFS Audit (already journaled by iTera)

<snip>
I can't use them because this iTera journal is in place and I can't
remove
it. It is part of the High Availability feature of iTera.
</snip>

I am wondering whether my XV0015 would work in this case. My guess is
that iTera is doing exactly the same thing as my XV0015 is doing. That
is running a RCVJRNE command in a job and picking up certain types of
journal entries when new files are added to an IFS directory.

So the question would be, can you run two different RCVJRNE commands
over the same journal? No way to know except to try I guess.

I submit the following to pickup any new files added to the IFS.

RCVJRNE JRN(IFS_AUDIT) EXITPGM(XV0015) JRNCDE((B)) ENTTYP(JT)

This is what I see running in the QUSRWRK subsystem after I submit the
job.

Subsystem/Job User Type CPU % Function Status
PICKUP_AA OPER BCH .0 CMD-RCVJRNE TIMW

You might see the same thing for the iTera job.

I created a zip with the source code and a create program for anyone who
wants it.