We did some initial planning with our BP yesterday and some initial looking
at the pricing for a 525 with user based licensing. We are a fairly small
shop with somewhere in the realm of 250 users that is very comfortable with
the current performance on a 1000/60 cpw type 520. In looking at the
pricing of the user based licensing 3800/3800 cpw 525 box, we're seeing
probably an increased cost of roughly $40k to $50k for each of our 2 db2
based boxes. That's not good. It looks like are some points on the
customer scale that this model will be greatly detrimental to... we will be
looking to get another 520 most likely prior to the end of the year. After
that, we'll have to see what happens to the way this new model works...

"albartell"
<albartell@gmail.
com> To
Sent by: "'Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion'"
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

04/18/2007 10:18 Subject
AM RE: 515 and 525 user licensing

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

Is this how ALL pricing will be done for ALL iSeries sales from now on?
(by
user that is)

Or is it just for a select few models (what I am guessing).

Thanks,
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com