Which would be great if I needed all that horsepower - but I don't.

I haven't seen the full pricer, but theoretically a development machine
for 5 users and the 50% developer discount would come in at around $5500.

And that's the rub Pete. If I could get that I'd buy one tomorrow. But I
can't get the developer discount. _If_ I was based in the U.S. it is just
possible that I could sufficiently bend the current rules to (sort of)
qualify - but I'm based in Canada and my experience with the BP program here
is that it is pretty lousy. In fact I know Canadian software houses who
opened US development "offices" to qualify for the US program. Not only do
we pay a premium on the hardware cost, but we don't get the free software
that is available to BPs in the US. That just adds to the cost.

Just to give you another example - a while back they had a special where
they reinstated the 1% lease and offered reasonably configured 270 models in
the US for about $11K. They ran the same program in Canada but slapped a
Cdn$25K minimum on it! The US minimum was $7,000!

I'm told by colleagues elsewhere in the world that I should be happy because
the BP programs are even worse there than here in Canada.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com