I can't speak to the System p conundrum. I am still a little mystified by the same hardware, different pricing approach between i and p. If the hardware is identical, then the OS is the only differentiator and I'd personally prefer to administer an i. But again, I don't know much about p.

This does help in the SMB market IMHO. It doesn't solve all the problems but it certainly provides some new opportunities and that can only be a good thing.

Pete