To have a Windows server running on four Intel 3.0 GHz Xeon processors
handle core financials, IBM says the price tag comes in at $62,000. To
run
the clinical solutions, you'll need two more Intel servers, which will
cost
another $18,000, for a total of $80,000.

Seems REALLY pricy to me. Love to know that spec.

To run the same financials on a System i 525 with i5/OS on a POWER5+
1.9
GHz processor, the price comes in at $89,770. To get the clinical
solutions,
you'd activate the second processor, adding any necessary users, for an

additional $15,649, bringing to the total cost of acquisition (TCA) to
$105,419.

Even if that windows pricing is correct, the System i price is 30%
higher? That's competitive?

-Walden