What I have...
An old 9406-720, not under hardware maintenance. See also, Anchor, Boat.
But, you try to use what you have lying around for $0 to make a test box.

Processor feature 2061, interactive feature 1501 and processor feature code
206B. It's the one with the "sidecar" expansion and the built in dual UPS
batteries on the bottom. See
http://www.usedserversystems.com/images/Used-IBM-AS400.jpg

What I know...
She's an old gal, but worked fine back in December. Found a bunch of old
drives, and got V5R3 running and then unplugged her for the holidays.

What works...
When I plug in the 220V line into the power supply, the fan on the supply
spins. Had the facilities guy check the power/cables/etc, everything is
hot.

What doesn't...
No green glowing LCD control panel. Nothing happens when you press the big
white button.

Going thru the Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts, I could have...
Bad batteries
Bad UPS/power supply
Bad control panel

Looking for any clues or tips. I can probably come up with replacement
batteries, but my fear is that it is something more than that and I'd be
throwing bad money after bad.

Thanks,
Brian.

=====