I wanted to post this here, as this is probably one of the most wide read
System i information channels in the world, as well as there are the most
influential system i people on M-L.

We are looking for candidates for the upcoming election to the COMMON
Board of Directors.  The 2nd of my three year terms is ending this fall,
and I am Chairman of the Nominating Committee, looking for potential
candidates.  COMMON is a great organization, and it has been a privilage
to serve on the board, and I hope that if someone is interested they will
contact Barb McLauglin to set up an interview with the Nominating
Committee.  As I look back over my 6 years, we have gotten a lot done, and
I have made some fantastic friends.  Give it a shot. Read all about it
below.  If you want to discuss it privately and ask me any questions that
you have, contact me at pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxx

COMMON is looking for members to run for the Board of Directors.
Membership representation is important and as a member of COMMON we would
like you to take a moment and think about running for the Board of
Directors.

Are you .... a leader?  A team player:  Experienced with budgets and
business planning?  Familiar with financial management and process
management?  Familiar with financial management and process management?
If you answered 'yes' to these questions, have attended two COMMON
conferences in the past two year, have at least five year's experience in
a system (software, hardware, or applications) and / or management
environment.....then COMMON wants you on their Board of Directors!

If you are interested in becoming a Director for the COMMON organization,
please complete the application for BOD Nomination or contact Barb
McLaughlin at COMMON HQ to send you a form.  Completed forms should be
sent to barb_mclaughlin@xxxxxxxxxx or faxed to her attention at
312.279.0227.

Interviews will be conducted via conference call or at the Spring
Conference in Anaheim and an announcement of the names of the selected
candidates will be made at the conference.

Remember only the person who is your member representative can actually
vote and we want to be sure our records are correct.

Thank you.

Pete Massiello
Chairman, Nominating Committee