derhamj wrote:

Thank you for correction. I will post on the proper site. I am glad to see
that David has so many self appointed deputies.

Jack:

Note that it was a helpful answer. Three points --

1. A recent discussion on the RPG list had some highly qualified posters explaining why they won't subscribe to MIDRANGE-L. Generally, the sentiment was that there was far too many off-topic posts here.

If we all don't make some effort, we'll tend to lose more of the potential respondents, particularly ones with valuable info. This list could benefit greatly if some others would (re-)join.

2. Some PC-centric answers can be obtained here, yes. But there's a better chance of getting better answers when questions are directed to people who are interested and involved. And by keeping with a direction, there will be a natural pull towards the appropriate lists.

If PC-TECH keeps getting good questions, and good answers follow, everyone will benefit. Everyone will know where to ask and answer.

3. The archives... A major value of these lists is being able to search the archives later. Not many of the listers would think to search this list for Outlook Contact techniques. If it isn't in the PC-TECH archives, then it's much harder to find.

I don't think Rob was trying to be much of a deputy. I expect it was an attempt really to be helpful in the short- and long-term.

(Of course, that's assuming anyone _can_ be helpful when discussing how and why Outlook does what it does at times.)

Tom Liotta