It depends on the ftp server software that you are using. With the third
party software that we use, there is a source file that has that text in
it that is sent upon connection. Not sure if the i5 ftp server has that or
not.

Matt Hopkins
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Web: www.pdpgroupinc.com
Email: MWHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: 410-584-0330
Fax: 410-584-0336

rob@xxxxxxxxx
03/16/2007 10:19 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Fax to

Subject
ftp "welcome" screen

Had a problem with ftping to a customer.  Turns out they changed user
id's, passwords, etc.  Got to thinking it would be nice if they modified
their ftp screen to say whom to call if you are having problems.  Then the

verse "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" came to mind.  So I

thought how do I change mine?  Now, when I log in I am getting:

Previous FTP subcommands and messages:
  Connecting to host MYI5 at address ###.###.###.### using port 21.
  220-QTCP at MYI5.DEKKO.COM.
  220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
MYUSERID
  331 Enter password.
  230 User logged on.
   OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V5R4M0".
  250  Now using naming format "0".
  257 "ROB" is current library.

When I log in to other sites I may get

C:\>ftp ftp.boulder.ibm.com

Connected to service.boulder.ibm.com.
220-*******************************************************************************
220-*        *
220-*  IBM's internal systems must only be used for conducting IBM's   *
220-*  business or for purposes authorized by IBM management.        *
220-*        *
220-*  Use is subject to audit at any time by IBM management.        *
220-*        *
220-
220 service FTP server (Version wu-2.6.2(5) Custom Sat May 28 01:48:31 MDT

2005) ready.
User (service.boulder.ibm.com:(none)):

So how do I configure something pretty like that?