Domino supports email journalling.  My boss can turn it on for certain
individuals and know who got what from who.

I keep thinking how I'd handle Jeff's request earlier.  In Domino a couple
of different ways immediately pop to mind.
I could create a group.  Let's say salesdudesandduddettes@xxxxxxxxxx  And
put appropriate people into this group.  Then you can have a common
address on your website, etc that you don't have to update in a flurry if
you have personnel changes.
One person can have multiple different receiving addresses.  When he
terminates move it to a different person.  I have a half a dozen addresses
or so.  If one starts getting garbage I know which vendor sold me down the
river and I shut the account down.
I could create a "mail in database".  This database could then become a
central repository for certain email (like sales requests).  Notifications
of new receipts could be forwarded on to one or more people to go check
the database - with an electronic link to the new request.  If one person
processes the receipt they can put it into a different folder like "in
process" or "completed".  We have software that uses a mail in database to
automatically feed into our help desk tickets.  And our sales contacts.