On 01/03/07, Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a scheduled procedure (CL) that backs up our production libraries
and folders nightly.  I made a change to it yesterday so I set the job
log to (4 00 *Seclvl) to get a detailed view of what was going on - in
case I messed up.

The following error message was in the job log this morning:

                                     Message . . . . :     7600 - SAV
DEV('QSYS.LIB/TAP01.DEVD')
                                       OBJ(('USR/PROJECTS/*'))
LABEL(PROJECTS) ENDOPT(*LEAVE) TGTRLS(*CURRENT)
CPI3728    Information             00   03/01/07  03:04:33.976224
QSRGENSE     QSYS        *STMT    QSRGENSE    QSYS        *STMT
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QSRPATHN
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
qsrSendCpi3728__FP12qlg_pathnameT1
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
48
                                     To module . . . . . . . . . :
QSRPATHN
                                     To procedure  . . . . . . . :
qsrResolvePattern__FP12qlg_pathnameP20qsrResol

vedPattern_T

                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
104
                                     Message . . . . :   OBJ parameter
value changed, USR/PROJECTS/*.
                                     Cause . . . . . :   Path name
USR/PROJECTS/* was specified on the OBJ
                                       parameter. The path name was
changed to /USR/PROJECTS/* for one or more of
                                       the following reasons: -- The
path name contained '.' or '..'. -- The path
                                       name was delimited with multiple
sets of quote characters. -- The path name
                                       was relative to the current
directory. -- The path name was relative to home
                                       directory using tilda. -- The
parent directory of the path name contained a
                                       symbolic link
(*SYMLNK).

Now I've tested the process in the past, and it actually does save the
objects (Word and Excel documents mostly), and this wasn't the part that
I changed by the way.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what this error message is trying
to tell me.  Any ideas?

Hi Jerry

I'm assuming the warning is there to let you know the path you
specified was a relative path - no leading '/' Potentially the actual
path saved could be different depending on who runs the program, and
what their current, or home, directory is. If a user has their profile
home directory set as '/home/FRED' then this ends up as their
current/working directory (until changed by a CD/CHDIR). Any relative
links (such as 'USR/PROJECTS/*') would get prefixed by the working
directory (DSPCURDIR tells you) and you'd end up with
'/home/FRED/USR/PROJECTS/*'

Generally it's safest to specify absolute links so you know what will get saved.

Regards, Martin