Hi, Pat (and Rob, and others):

Many thanks; this is what mailing lists do at their best. One of these
days I am going to be the guy who knows an answer....

Is there any reason why the controller matters regarding the primary
console? Currently, our 0/0 console (DSP01) is attached to controller 6,
all by its lonesome. DSP02 is the 0/3 console, and it is attached to
controller 1. I'm proceeding with the assumption that it doesn't matter,
and that it made sense to our BP to do it that way when they installed. If
anyone thinks otherwise, please say so.

Either way, we have been "skating by" for years, I think. Sometimes there
wasn't even a device attached to 0/0. Not that we couldn't have stuck one
on, but as I said the circumstances in which that would be important are
not the ones in which I want to be puzzling out why my "console" won't
fire up and where exactly to screw in the twinax connector.

I am making the swap today or tomorrow. The controller 6, 0/0 terminal
will be located in the Computer Room, 8 feet from the AS/400. The
controller 1, 0/3 terminal will be on my desk upstairs. (I am smarter than
I may seem. I'm reconfiguring the hardware, and swapping the cables at the
AS/400, not moving the terminals [grin].)

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin  -  630-754-2141
Manager, Computer Operations
dmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx