I'm responding in general and not specific to software or even the IT
industry.  When it comes to this issue IT is no different than other
industries.  So I apologize in advance for this response not being
specific to midrange-l.

I have two opinions: my personal opinion and the one I use in matters
related to my employer.

Personally, I try to buy US-sourced goods and services wherever possible
as long as the products, pricing, and quality are comparable or better.
I generally won't buy an inferior domestic product over a superior
product from another country.  Going a step beyond my sense of
nationalism I prefer buying from local stores over national chains
although I don't generally go too far out of my way to do so.  Basically
I prefer to support the local economy as best I can as long as it
supports me.

Professionally, when representing my employer I must consider there to
be no such thing as offshoring.  I work for a global company that has
offices in many of the places one would consider home to common offshore
suppliers (India, China, Singapore, etc.).  What I would consider
offshoring from a US perspective is merely obtaining goods/services from
providers that are local to other branches of the firm.  In some cases
those suppliers will also be clients.

BTW, offshoring is a tiny, tiny subset of outsourcing.  When you get
down to it, outsourcing is simply hiring a provider to do something you
lack the resources or desire to do yourself.  Calling a plumber, riding
in a taxi, and hiring a contract programmer or IT consultant are all
normal everyday outsourcing events.