I worked at place many moons ago that had carpeting - on the walls.

So did I, at a former employer.  The entire office area had carpeting on
the walls as well as the floor (although it was a different style).  For
awhile I worked in a back room with a couple of other people.  Since no
one ever came back there we got a dart board and put it on the wall.  It
was fun to play at lunch time and occasionally use it as a "project
timeline estimator".  A few years later when they moved us out to turn the
room into a training room, they took the carpet down off of the walls to
remodel.  Where the dart board had been there was about a 6 inch circle of
tiny holes around that spot.  They then covered it back up with new
carpet.

Dave Parnin