Yes, you're right, it would prevent anything from going through. So I
just did this....

SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG)
      TOINTNET((me@xxxxxxxx))
      DSTD('test dstd')
      MSG('test msg')
      LONGMSG('test long')
      DOCD('test docd')

The email subject was the DOCD, the email body was the MSG, and the
attachment was the LONGMSG. The DSTD disn't show up anywhere.

Is this consistent with what you have?