Here it is! It only supports 10 billion minus 1 records but I'm sure you can up that if needed!

 - Larry

H/TITLE Write 00s or FFs to 1K RECL FILE H**** ****
H***                           DODERASE                                ***
H**                                                                     **
H*                                                                       *
H*                 WRITE 00S AND FFS TO DISK TO ERAGE ALL DATA           *
H*                                                                       *
H*                 CREATED           12/DEC/06  (LDB)                    *
H**                                                                     **
H***                                                                   ***
H****                                                                 ****
H*                                                                       *
H* CHANGE HISTORY:                                                       *
H*                                                                       *
H* 12/DEC/06 LDB - CREATED                                               *
H*                                                                       *
H* PROGRAM FUNCTION:                                                     *
H* THIS PROGRAM WRITES EITHER 00S OR FFS TO A FILE OF 1024 BYTES.        *
H*                                                                       *
H* FILE USAGE:                                                           *
H*  NAME         DESC                    USE                             *
H*  ONEKFILE     1024 BYTE FIELD FILE    WRITE/UPDATE                    *
H*                                                                       *
H* INDICATOR USAGE:                                                      *
H*  *NONE*                                                               *
H*                                                                       *
FONEKFILE UF A E DISK * D DS D MEGFF 1 DIM(1024) D DSFFS 1 1024 D DS D MEG00 1 DIM(1024) D DS00S 1 1024 DCOUNTDS DS D RECDS 1 10 D COUNT 1 10 0 * ** ENTRY * C *ENTRY PLIST C PARM FFOR00 1 C PARM UPORAD 1 C PARM RECCNT 10 * ** INIT: SET UP THE ALL FF AND ALL 00 FIELDS * C MOVE RECCNT RECDS C BITOFF '01234567' ALL00S 1 C BITON '01234567' ALLFFS 1 C MOVE ALL00S MEG00 C MOVE ALLFFS MEGFF C* C** Loop The requested record count. Either updating or adding as needed. C* C UPORAD IFEQ 'U' C READ ONEKFILE 90 C *IN90 DOUEQ *ON C FFOR00 IFEQ 'F' C MOVE DSFFS ONEKFL C ELSE C MOVE DS00S ONEKFL C ENDIF C UPDATE ONEKFILR C READ ONEKFILE 90 C ENDDO C GOTO $DAEND C ENDIF C* C UPORAD IFEQ 'A' C Z-ADD *ZERO CURR 10 0 C FFOR00 IFEQ 'F' C MOVE DSFFS ONEKFL C ELSE C MOVE DS00S ONEKFL C ENDIF C CURR DOUGE COUNT C WRITE ONEKFILR C ADD 1 CURR C ENDDO C GOTO $DAEND C ENDIF C* C $DAEND TAG C MOVE *ON *INLR C*
Jerry Draper wrote:
Sure, love to see it.

JErry

Larry Bolhuis wrote:
Sure I got the program. I called mine DODERASE. I can post the silly thing if you'd like, it's about 90 lines long including comments. I'm guessing a good programmer could have done it in 15 or 20 lines.

I've not erases any full systems with it yet but I ran some tests on Frankie and got millions of updates per hour. On a bigger box you could also create multiple files and run multiple copies of the program, perhaps one per CPU for example to increase velocity.

  - L