From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Rosinger
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 6:27 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: GDS on the iSeries?

List,

Is there native GDS (generation dataset) support on the iSeries? If not, can

it be *simulated* without much effort?

We use a *simulated* method on our VSE mainframe system and need to
duplicate it as closely as possible. If there is native support we should
surely take advantage of it.

Suggestions? Ideas? TIA