Do you mean SEQUEL ?  Is there a product named Viewpoint?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:33 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Query/400 Replacement

you may want to look at Clover from BCD  or Viewpoint from Help
systems(formerly a ASC product)

Don in DC

At 10:20 AM 1/9/2007 +0100, you wrote:
Hi List,

My company is looking for an alternative to Query/400. We're at the
early start of our evalution phase, and are looking for vendors and
products which could be interesting to us.

We're a System i ISV, which sells our ERP software to SMB. We intend to

resell this new software to our customers.

Our current situation is, that while Query/400 is suitable for most
tasks, young people don't like to learn it (especially since the rest
of our application system is entirely windows based), and Query/400 has

some deficiencies, which are currently workarounded by manually created

SQL queries.

What we're looking for is a more modern alternative, which allows
people without intrinsic IT knowledge to build queries against the
database. We do not have any specific requirements, other than that it
must not be 5250 based.

*         Windows / Java / Browser Based

*         Modern look & feel

*         Must run on 520 with 2GB RAM, 36GB Disk, 600CPW (this rules
out everything that has to do with WAS)

*         Shouldn't cost more than 10'000US$ for 5 concurrent users

*         Easy to learn, flexible

*         Available in German (not a must, but a very strong plus)

I would like to hear experiences with the product you have, but I'm
also interested in Vendor responses (Off-List)

Thanks in Advance,

Lukas Beeler

moment to review the archives at
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.